12 MEXICANS MISTAKENLY KILLED BY EGYPTIAN FORCES.
Egypt said, on Monday 09/14/2015, its security forces killed 12 people, including Mexican tourists, after mistakenly targeting their four-vehicle convoy while chasing militant extremists in the country’s Western Desert.
The vast region, popular with tourists for its oases and rock formations, is also a militant hideout. Last month the Egyptian branch of the I.S.I.S group beheaded a young Croatian there who was working for a French company and have also launched numerous attacks against security forces.
A joint police and military operation on Sunday “chasing terrorist elements” in Wahat near the famous Bahariya Oasis in the Western Desert “mistakenly” targeted four pick-up trucks carrying Mexican tourists, the interior ministry said in a statement.
“The incident led to the death of 12 Mexicans and Egyptians and wounding of 10 others…The area they were in was off limits to foreign tourists,” it said.
Egypt did not give a breakdown of the casualties but the Mexican foreign ministry said at least two Mexican tourists were killed.
“For the moment, we regretfully confirm the death of two Mexican nationals in this incident,” the ministry said in a statement, adding that five other Mexicans were in stable condition at a hospital in Cairo.
Related topics ;
08/2015 -4 HAMAS, ON THEIR WAY TO IRAN. SNATCHED BY EGYPTIAN FORCES
07/2015 – DOZENS OF EGYPTIAN TROOPS KILLED IN TERROR RAMPAGE IN SINAI
06/2015 – MILITANTS IN EGYPT STEP UP THEIR ECONOMIC CAMPAIGN
04/2015 – 69 IN EGYPT TO PRISON LIFETIME FOR CHURCH ARSON ATTACK
05/2015 – 52 CIVILIANS KILLED BY U.S-LED AIRSTRIKE
Read more ;