PARIS TERROR CARNAGE INVESTIGATION – UPDATE
* In 08/2015, a French radical arrested on his return from Raqqa, Syria, claimed that he had been instructed to target a concert hall.
* A week before the attack, on 11/05/2015, German police in Rosenheim in southern Germany arrested the 51-year-old man from Montenegro with a Kalashnikov A-47 rifle and explosives. The navigation system in his car was programmed for Paris, leading to speculation that he intended to take part in Friday’s Paris multiple attacks. The suspect admitted he was on his way to Paris “to see the Eiffel Tower” but refused to discuss the attacks, police said Sunday 11/15/2015. It is believed the man, an illegal arms dealer, may have been shipping the weapons – which included a kilogram of explosives – to Paris when he was intercepted.
..* Eight terrorists died in the Paris multiple attacks, on Friday 11/13/2015 night, seven of them in suicide bombings. The eighth was shot dead in Bataclan Theatre as police stormed in before he managed to detonate himself. Three of the attackers died at the Bataclan Theatre, three died at the Stade de France football stadium and the last on the Voltaire Boulevard. One assailant managed to fled Paris .
* According to French daily Le Figaro, investigators have recordings of two of the terrorists at the Bataclan communicating in perfect French.
* French media, citing law enforcement sources, reported on Saturday 11/14/2015, that a Syrian passport was found on one of the bodies of an assailant who blew himself up outside the Stade de France stadium. It is believed that the Syrian passport identified its owner as being 25 years old. A Greek minister has said that the Syrian passport belonged to someone who had got into the EU via Laros, Greece, in early 10/2015 . Almuhamed’s passport found near the body of one of the Stade de France suicide bombers may have belonged to a Syrian soldier killed several months ago, a source close to the investigation has told the AFP news agency on Tuesday 11/17/2015.
.* An Egyptian passport has also been reportedly recovered from one of the three men who attacked the stadium. The second of the stadium suicide bombers is believed to have been as young as 15 years old..
* One of the terrorists involved in Paris attacks, who was killed in Bataclan, has been officially identified as Omar Ismail Mostefai (pic) , 29, from the southern Parisian neighbourhood of Courcouronnes, 25 k”m south of Paris. a father of two who worked as a baker according to local media reports. Omar Ismail Mostefai was already known to the police for criminal record. Mostefaï was convicted for patty crimes eight times between 2004 and 2010, but never serving jail time. Omar Mustafi was known to have been radicalised recently. Police is trying to find out whether Mostefai travelled to Syria in 2014, judicial sources told AFP. His father and brother have been taken into police custody. Altogether police arrested 6 members of this family.
A senior Turkish official said Omar Ismail Mostefai entered Turkey in 2013, was flagged as a terror suspect and they notified French authorities in12/2014 and in J06/2015 – but had no response from France until after the Paris attacks when it requested information on Mostefai.
* It’s also reported by Le Parisien newspaper that the killers came in a car registered in Belgium. A Volkswagen Polo has been found near to the Bataclan that is believed to match witness descriptions of the car used by attackers.
Three suspects in the Paris terror attacks lived in Brussels, according to reports in Belgian media. One person has been arrested in Molenbeek after raids were carried out, reports said. It comes after French media said officers wanted to trace a suspicious black car with Belgian plates that was seen near the Bataclan venue.
The car was rented in Brussels and the renter, a French citizen living in Brussels, was the detainee. He was identified while driving another vehicle in a spot check by police, on Saturday 11/14/2015 morning, as he crossed into Belgium with two passengers. The other two were also tracked down and arrested. Investigators are working on the theory that these three may be another team of attackers who managed to flee the scene.
French prosecutor Francois Molins said, on Saturday 11/14/2015 evening, that three teams in identical explosives vests seem to have co-ordinated the attacks and they evoked Syria and Iraq during their killing spree. There are fears that some may have fled the scenes. Since the teams of Bataclan and Stude de france were comprised of three members each.
* The Greek authorities said two people under investigation by the French police had registered in Greece as Syrian refugees. They believed to be 25-year-old Ahmed Almuhamed (pic) and Abbdulakbak B, who was born in 1990. Bothe arrived to Europe through Greece according to he Serbian newspaper Blic and Parisien La-Figaro . The Serbian newspaper reported that Almuhamed applied for asylum in Presevo in Serbia before crossing into Croatia and Austria. The authorities said when he passed through Serbia, Almuhamed was unarmed, meaning he must have acquired weapons en route to Paris. Ahmed Almuhamed’s passport found near the body of one of the Stade de France suicide bombers may have belonged to a Syrian soldier killed several months ago, a source close to the investigation has told the AFP news agency.
* Indeed a second suicide bomber at the Stade de France has been “formally identified” as having registered his fingerprints in Laros, Greece on 10/03/2015, the Paris prosecutor has confirmed on Friday 11/20/2015. That means that two of the three who blew themselves outside the football stadium last Friday apparently masqueraded as refugees,
* The French police, on Sunday 11/22/2015, released the picture of the third Stade de France suicide bomber using the name Mahmoud Al-Mahmod (pic), similar to the name Ahmed Almuhamed, the second Syrian refugee arriving through Greece and caused more confusion. He arrived to French from the Greek Island of Laros, where his fingerprints were taken on 10/03/2015, which suggests both names are faked and indicates the sophisticated planning of the attacks.
* A black Seat car was found in the eastern Paris suburb of Montreuil, on Sunday 11/15/2015, suggesting some of the attackers got away. Three Kalashnikovs have been found in the car believed to have been used by some of the Paris attackers, French judicial sources said.
* According to security sources in France and Belgium Three brothers are believed to be involved in the Paris terror attacks and one. identified as 26-year-old Salah Abdeslam (pic -L) may still be at large, An international arrest warrant has been issued by French police for renting one of the two cars in Brussels used in Paris attacks.. His brother brahim Abdeslam (pic-R) is understood to have blown himself up inside Bataclan. The third brother, Mohammed Abdeslam, is in custody in Brussels after it was revealed he rented the other of the two cars used in the Paris terror events. Mohammed Abdeslam’s lawyer said. on Monday 11/16/2015,he had been released without charge, proving his innocence.
Salah Abdeslam was questioned by police and released in the hours after the attacks, the Associated Press reports. Police pulled over a car near the Belgian border along with three other people, most likely associate with the Paris attacks. They checked his ID and let him go. By that point of time Police had already determined Salah Abdeslam had rented one of the cars abandoned at the scene of the attacks when he was stopped.
Police found, in a raid on Monday 11/16/2015 dawn, in a flat in the Paris suburb of Bobginy, that was rented by Brahim Abdeslam between 10 and 17 November via the short-term accommodation website, Homelidays, a new mobile phones still in their boxes inside the flat, it said. The owner of the flat said he met three men who said they worked for a Belgian security firm. It indicates the attackers stayed in paris few days before the attacks.
* French Police say three teams of terrorists carried out the attacks, which began with a suicide bombing at the French national soccer stadium, Stade de France. Gunmen then drove to an area of popular restaurants and bars and opened fire on people eating dinner outside on an unusually warm Paris night. A third team then stormed the Bataclan theater, which was sold out as an American rock band played.
Salah Abdeslam is known to have entered Austria from Germany. on 09/09/2015. with two companions, who have not yet been identified, according to Austria’s Interior Minister, Johanna Mikl-Leitner on 11/17/2015 .
The two were identified in 12/205 as Algerian Adel Haddadi (R), 29 and Pakistani, Mohamad Usman Gani (L), 35 and were arrested at a migrant centre in Salzburg. Both travelled to Greece on a refugee boat, on 10/03/2015, along with other Paris terror perpetrators, but were detained for allegedly having falsified Syrian passports. After being released Adel Haddadi & Mohamad Usman Gani travelled to Salzburg where they were arrested after a tip-off from French police.
Mohamad Usman Gani is suspected to be a bomb expert trained with Lashkar-e-Toiba in Pakistan . Both were extradited to France on Friday 07/29/2016 . He is also suspected to be related to the Mumbai Carnage in India in 11/2008 .
Investigators believe that both men are part of an ISIS ‘strike team’ who have been sent to Europe to plot atrocities, posing as migrants to obtain entry,
Reports by foreign media outlets allege that the two brothers suspected Brahim & Salah Abdesalam were questioned by Belgian authorities after they were deported from Turkey for suspicions over wanting to join I.S.I.S. According to unconfirmed reports, Turkish authorities deported 31-year-old Brahim Abdesalam, who blew himself up outside of the Comptoir Voltaire café, early in 2015.
* A French official, speaking on condition of anonymity, identified another assailant as Bilal Hadfi (pic), 20, who also lived in Belgium with the Salah brothers. Investigators confirmed that had fought with the Islamic State in Syria after being radicalised by a Belgian imam ! Bilal Hadfi died during the attacks. Bilal Hadfi was one of the three who struck outside the Stade de France in Northern Paris.
* The Paris attackers are believed to have communicated with the Islamic State in Syria using encryption technology, the New York Times reported on Sunday 11/15/2015. . “It is an act of war that was prepared, organized and planned from abroad, with complicity from the inside, which the investigation will help establish,” French President Francois Hollande said on Saturday. A French source leaked to the French media that the plotters communicated with Abdelhamid Abaaoud (Abaoud) in Syria and that Abaoud is considered as the mastermind of the Paris terror carnage . Abdelhamid Abaaoud got acquainted with Salah Abdesalam, the logistic operator of the Paris Terror attacks of 11/13/2015, when they spent some time together in jail in the past .
Abdelhamid Abaaoud was, probably, the prime target of a “revenge” airstrike, committed by French airplanes on Raqqa, the Islamic State’s capital, on Sunday 11/15/2015 might.
* French authorities identified, on Monday 11/16/2015, another Bataclan bomber as Parisian French born ex-bus driver Sami Amimour (pic), 28 – who is believed to have been known to French police since 2012 after he tried to flee for Yemen . Sami Amimour’s father travelled to Syria to bring him home back to France but, in 13/2014, he returned to Paris without him,
It is unclear how Sami Amimour managed to return to France unnoticed before the attack.
* Another third car with Belgian license plates and a shattered front passenger window found. on Tuesday 11/17/2015, in northern Paris could be linked to the attacks, officials said. It was the third vehicle identified as having possible links to the investigation.
* Two Belgian citizens. Hamza Attou and Mohammed Amri, 27, who were allegedly with him hours after the assault were charged with participating in a terrorist activity, Belgian officials said, on Tuesday 11/17/2015. They are accused of picking up Salah Abdeslam from Paris and taking him back into Belgium early Saturday 11/14/2015 . They testified that Salah Abdesalam appeared “extremely angry” during the drive back to Brussels the morning after the massacre.
* The encrypted messaging app Telegram said, In a blog post Wednesday on 11/18/2015, it is taking steps to stop I.S.I.S extremists from using its technology to communicate and spread propaganda., Telegram announced it has blocked 78 ISIS-related channels, operating in 12 languages, this week alone. It was suggested that Paris perpetrators, before, during and after the attack used Telegram app and is very popular in the Arab world, russian and non Western Country.
* Turkish police said they have arrested a Belgian citizen of Moroccan descent, .Ahmet Dahmani (pic) , 26, on suspicion that he scouted out sites in Paris, Turkish news agencies reported on Saturday 11/21/2015. Ahmet Dahmani was detained at a luxury hotel in the southern coastal city of Antalya, Turkish Dogan news agency said, but has yet to cite its sources. two other men, both Syrian citizens, were also held on a nearby highway on suspicion that they had been sent to help Dahmani across the border.
* The Belgian police named, on Tuesday 11/24/2015, 30-year-old Mohamed Abrini (pic) from Molenbeek, Brussels, after he was filmed in a gas station 55 miles north of Paris at 7 p.m. on Nov. 11 together with Salah Abdeslam, as a terror suspect and an accomplice to the Paris attacks. Belgian authorities have issued an international arrest warrant for Mohamed Abrini. In the footage, Abrini can be seen driving the Renault Clio used in the attacks.
* Belgium has charged, on Thursday 11/26/20915. the two men who went from Brussels to pick Salah Abdesalam, Hamza Attou and Mohammed Amri, as well as a sixth suspect, identified only as Ali O., 31, who took Abdeslam to another part of Brussels after his arrival on 11/14/2015.
* French intelligence services believe Paris attacks suspect Salah Abdeslam has escaped to Syria, according to a source close to the investigation and a counterterrorism source quoted in CNN on 11/30/2015. If so it is a major failure to anti-terror agencies and their cooperation in.
* A seventh suspect, identified as 1995-born French national Samir Z., was held in the early hours of 11/29/2015 at Brussels Airport, where he was trying to board a plane heading for Morocco, the federal prosecutor’s office said Thursday 12/03/2015 in a statement. Police forces detained an eighth suspect, identified as 1987-born Belgian national Pierre N., during a search of his home the same day. Prosecutors said both suspects are from Molenbeek
* Samir Z. “ is under suspicion of having attempted to leave for Syria at least twice in 2015,” prosecutors said. “He is considered to be part of the entourage of Bilal Hadfi.”
* According to Hungary’s PN Viktor Orban in a news conference in Budapest on Friday 12/04/2015, Salah Abdeslam the chief operator of the Paris attack, travelled to Hungary where he “recruited a team” from unregistered migrants passing through the country, probably referring to 25-year-old Ahmed Almuhamed. Mahmoud Al-Mahmod and an unidentified third person, also a fugitive from Syria .
* Belgian prosecutor’s office said., on Friday 12/04/2015, they are looking after two more suspects accused of aiding the fugitive Salah Abdesalam to travel to Hungary in 09/2015. Abdeslam was stopped at the Hungary-Austria border in September accompanied by two men with fake IDs bearing the names Soufiane Kayal & Samir Bouzid, Belgian police said. The name Soufiane Kayal was used to rent a house searched in November after the Paris attacks. The identity card of Samir Bouzid was used to transfer money to Hasna Aitboulahcen, the cousin of attacks ringleader Abdelhamid Abaaoud, four days after the attacks, police said.
* French media reported, on Wednesday 12/09/2015, that the French investigative authorities have identified the third Bataclan suicide bomber as Fouad Mohamed-Aggad, 23. He came from a family of four children, and lived in a small town on the Lower Rhine near Strasbourg. His mother, who is originally from Morocco, said that after travelling to Syria in 2013, Fouad Mohamed-Aggad sent money home regularly. He then returned to France from Syria to carry out the attacks.
His older brother, Karim Mohamed-Aggad , 25, is said to be currently in Syria after travelling there between 12/2013 and 03/2014.
* According to media reports from Germany, on Friday 12/11/2015, German security services are searching for a man wanted in connection with the Paris terror network. The 42-year-old-man – named only as Huseyin D. – is believed to have been spent time with Abdelhamid Abaaoud, the alleged organiser of the attacks.
Huseyin D. is reportedly from Dinslaken, north-west Germany, and was part of a group which had travelled to Syria.
– French police have arrested, on 12/15/2015, a 29-year-old man who was planning to travel to Syria, according to one French media report.
* * A ninth suspect related to the Paris Carnage, Abdoullah C, a Belgian national born in 1985, was arrested by the Belgian police on Tuesday 12/24/2015 . Prosecutors say Abdoullah C. exchanged several phone calls with the cousin of Abdelhamid Abaaoud, in the days immediately after the attacks.
Abdoullah C appeared in court alongside another suspect, Abraimi Lazez,, a 39-year-old Belgian of Moroccan descent, was arrested already in November in the Belgian town of Laeken on charges that he helped key suspect Salah Abdeslam flee France.
** A Belgian judge, on Thursday 12/31/2015, delivered an arrest warrant against a 10th suspect in the Paris attacks probe, a Belgian national born in 1993 and identified only as Ayoub B. charging him with terrorist murder and participation in the activities of a terrorist group. The residence targeted, on Molenbeek’s Rue Delaunoy, was also raided ON 11/16/2015, by police searching for suspect Salah Abdeslam .
Ayoub B. was detained Wednesday 12/30/2015 following a search in the Molenbeek neighborhood of Brussels,
** In an apartment in the Schaerbeek district of Brussels police found traces of explosives, and a fingerprint of fugitive Salah Abdeslam. The apartment had been rented in a false name, that might have been used by a person already in custody according to Belgian prosecutors on Friday 01/08/2016.
* The french and Belgian authorities said, on 01/14/2016, they identified the Third Cafe team bomber as Belgian born citizen fom Moroccan descent and with dual citizenship Chakib Akrouh, 25, who blow himself up during the Saint Denis raid, on 11/18/2015,
** Authorities in Morocco said, on Monday 01/18/2016, they have arrested a Belgian national of Moroccan origin. The suspect is ‘directly linked’ to the Paris attackers, they said. The man has been named by French media as 34-year-old Gelel Attar, a lieutenant of Khaled Zerkani. He fought in Syria with one of the suicide bombers of Saint Denis Abdelhamid Abaaoud, joined Jabhat al-Nusra Front – who has pledged allegiance to al-Qaeda – before joining the Islamic State (ISIS). Gelel Attar then travelled to Germany, Belgium and the Netherlands before he arrived in Morocco.
On Wednesday 01/20/2016 ISIS Magazine Dabik claimed the two Syrian suicide bombers in Stade de France were, actually, Iraqis.
*Belgian Prosecutors said, on Thursday 01/21/2016, police arrested two men, identified as Belgian national Zakaria J. and Moroccan national Mustafa E, in Brussels’ Molenbeek suburb .
** US-based terrorism research centre TRAC claimed in a post, on Monday 01/25/2016, that Frenchman Salim Benghalem could be the real ringleader behind the Paris carnage.
PARIS CARNAGE OF 11/2015 – SUMMARY
. . ..
Eventually, despite the horrendous results, the coordinated attack failed partially. Only in the Bataclan, where the Parisian team managed to kill about 90 people, they carried out their full plan . The attempt to enter the Stade de France stadium, with tickets bought ahead, to commit simultaneously at least three suicide attacks and to create a mass fleeing and a huge stamped with many more casualties totally failed.
It seems, according to initial evidences, that the third team of Abdesalam brothers left the area, after Brahim Abdesalam detonated his suicide vest at the restaurant Le Comptoir Voltaire, on the Boulevard Voltaire, without carrying on its mission through.
** The Islamic State has released, on Sunday 01/24/2016, a video footage, distributed in the web, in which, after beheading and shooting of “Infidels”, Abdelhamid Abaaoud and other seven out of eight Paris Carnage attackers threatened France with “rivers of blood”. The footage ended with a promise of Abdelhamid Abaaoud ”withe the help of Allah we will be those who will liberate Palestine” and with images of UK MPs backing airstrikes against IS in Syria, probably hinting toward the next target in Europe.
Site monitoring group said the video was filmed in Raqqa, the de facto capital of IS, before the Paris attacks ..
** French anti-terror magistrates, on Wednesday 07/06/2016, charged two men believed to have helped a key suspect in the Paris attacks flee to Brussels. Mohamed Amri and Ali Oulkadi are suspected of helping Salah Abdeslam in the crucial hours after the attack . The pair allegedly worked with Hamza Attou, who has already been extradited to France from Belgium.
Ali Oulkadi, a 31-year-old French national, is thought to have driven Abdeslam across Brussels on 11/14/2015,, the last place the top suspect was traced before his capture in the Belgian capital four months later.
– 11/18/2015 – FRENCH POLICE RAIDED SAINT DENIS, PARIS, TO FOIL FURTHER ATTACKS
08/2015 – AYOUB EL-QAHZZANI – THE HIGH SPEED TRAIN SHOOTER
06/2015 – TERROR ATTACK IN GRENOBLE, FRANCE
02/2015 –VERVIERS RAID
02/2015 – PARIS TERROR RAMPAGE INVESTIGATION
Read more ;
CNN EDITION DAILYMAIL-U.K
YAHOO NEWS MIRROR-U.K
BBC NEWS ATIMES.COM
BBC EDITION ABCNEWS.COM
CNN EDITION-B BLOOMBERG
ALARABIYA-A BBC NEWS A
INDEPENDENT DER SPIEGEL
BBC NEWS B NYMAG.COM
BBC NEWS C BIGSTORY.ORG
NEWS FROM BBC MIRROR-U.K
BBC NEWS -D RT-COM