Mojtaba Ahmadi the head of Iran’s cyber warfare program has been shot dead, according to to Alborz, a website linked to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corp –  IRGC on Wednesday 10/02/2013, provoking further accusations that outside powers are carrying out targeted assassinations of key figures in the country’s security apparatus (see – Secret-War ).

Mojtaba  Ahmadi, who served as commander of the Cyber War Headquarters, was found dead in a wooded area near the town of Karaj, north-west of the capital, Tehran.

Mojtaba  Ahmadi was last seen leaving his home for work on Saturday 09/28/2013. He was later found with two bullets in the heart “I could see two bullet wounds on his body and the extent of his injuries indicated that he had been assassinated from a close range with a pistol,” a witness told the Albroz website.

The commander of the local police said that two people on a motorcycle had been involved in the killing.

A statement from the Imam Hassan Mojtaba division of the Revolutionary Guard said that Mojtaba  Ahmadi’s death was being investigated. It warned against speculating “prematurely about the identity of those responsible for the killing”. The known details about the death of Mojtaba  Ahmadi suggest he was somehow tempted to the  Karaj wood, in the outskirts of Tehran, where he found his end. 

Five Iranian nuclear scientists and the head of the country’s ballistic missile program have been killed since 2007. The regime has accused Israel’s external intelligence agency, the Mossad, of carrying out these assassinations.

The Revolutionary Guard has also been accused of helping Syria’s regime to hack Western targets through a body known as the Syrian Electronic Army.

The killing of Mr. Ahmadi coincides with a new effort by Hasan Rowhani, Iran’s newly elected president. He has voiced the hope that Iran’s confrontation with the West over its nuclear ambitions can be settled within months.

The last victim of a known assassination was Mostafa Ahmadi-Roshan, a chemist who worked in the uranium enrichment plant at Natanz, who died when an explosive device blew up on his car in January 2012.

A local news website published pictures on Wednesday showing his funeral procession, along with text excerpts of the IRGC communique.


* Related topics; 






Please Share...Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on google

You may also like...