TEEN & ADULT ARRESTED IN SYDNEY OVER TERROR PLOT
Police in Sydney have arrested, on Thursday 12/10/2015, a 15-year-old and a 20-year-old in a counter-terror operation ( see also – Sydney Cell ).
They have been charged with “conspiracy to conduct an act in preparation for a terrorist act”, Federal Police said.
The arrests are linked to a plot outlined in material seized last year, IN 09/2014. as part of Operation Appleby.
That operation, in 09/2014, was sparked by intelligence reports that Islamist extremists were planning random killings in Australia.
Then-Prime Minister Tony Abbott said at the time a senior Australian Islamic State militant had called for “demonstration killings”, reportedly including a public beheading.
Another three people, aged between 21 and 22, were also charged for the same offence on Thursday afternoon.
Police told a news conference the potential targets of the plot included the headquarters of the Australian Federal Police in Sydney, Australia’s largest city, as well as randomly chosen civilians.
All face potential life sentences if convicted.
Related topics ;
11/2015 – AUSTRALIA AFTER $38 MIL’ ISIS FUNDING
08/2015 – THE NUMBER OF AUSTRALIANS JOINING ISIS DOUBLED
08/2015 -HAMDI AL-QUDSI TO FACE TRIAL IN AUSTRALIA
08/2015 – 7 YOUNG ISIS FOLLOWERS STOPPED AT SYDNEY AIRPORT
07/2015 – ISIS NURSE ADAM BROOKMAN RETURNS TO AUSTRALIA