4 ARRESTED OVER GERMANY TERROR PLOT
Three men were arrested in Germany, on Thursday 06/02/2016, on suspicion of planning a terrorist attack on the city of Düsseldorf under orders from I.s.i.s.
In a statement, German federal prosecutors confirmed that three Syrian nationals had been arrested and their homes searched: 25-year-old Mahood B., 27-year-old Hamza C. and 31-year-old Abd Arahman A.K.
A further warrant was issued for a 25-year-old Syrian, Saleh A., currently under arrest in France.
The three arrested in Germany lived in North Rhine-Westphalia, Baden-Württemberg and Brandenburg.
The target of the attack plan is alleged to have been the historic city centre of the North Rhine-Westphalian capital.
Prosecutors said that two suicide bombers were to blow themselves up on Heinrich-Heine-Allee, a broad street with a number of public transport links including U-Bahn and tram stations.
Then the other attackers were supposed to kill more passers-by with rifles and explosives.
In 2015 they then travelled to Germany via the Balkans, where they made contact with a third Syrian, 31-year-old Abd Arahman A. K., an explosives expert sent to Germany by ISIS in 10/2014.
Abd Arahman had built explosives for Syrian terrorist organization Jabhat al-Nusra, and was to assemble the explosive vests for the suicide bombers, prosecutors say.
But before the plans could be realized, Saleh A. gave himself up to French security authorities on 02/01/2016.
French authorities informed German security services of the attack plan.
Federal prosecutors now aim to have Saleh A. extradited from France to face charges in Germany.
Security sources told Der Spiegel that there was no evidence the attack was to take place imminently. Nor was there any link with the Euro 2016 football championship due to start in France in just over a week, federal prosecutors said.
05/2016-4 STABBED IN MUNICH “ALLAHU AKBAR” ATTACK
04/2016-GERMAN TEEN TERROR SUSPECT – A DERADICALIZATION CADET
01/2016-GERMAN ARRESTED A SYRIAN REFUGEE TERROR SUSPECT
01/2016-TERROR SCARE IN MUNICH NEW YEAR’S EVE
12/2015-2 CHARGED IN BERLIN OVER TERROR PLOT