FAMILY OF 4 INJURED IN FRENCH ALPS STABBING ATTACK
A French mother, 46, and her three daughters, aged 8, 12 and 14, have been attacked, on Tuesday 07/19/2016 at about 09:30 local time, while having breakfast, by a knife-wielding Moroccan man, 37, at Garde-Colombea holiday camp near Sisteron, in the south of France, French media report.
All four were taken to hospital and the youngest suffered a punctured lung, reports said.
The suspect was arrested trying to leave the scene in a vehicle after the attack.
According to authorities, the suspect in custody was of Moroccan origin and had been staying on the site with his own family next door to the victims. He is married with two children and pregnant wife.
Although he had been in trouble with police many years ago, reports said there was no indication of a religious link to the case.
Unconfirmed reports suggested he had objected to the light clothing worn by his victims but Local prosecutor Raphael Balland “it’s all rumour, the man’s not said anything”, motive was still “very vague” he said.
Related topics ;
07/2016 – OVER 84 KILLED IN NICE – UPDATE
06/2016-FRENCH POLICE OFFICER STABBED TO DEATH BY ISIS SUPPORTER
03/2016- 4 NABBED IN PARIS FOR PLANNING IMMINENT ATTACK
03/2016 – 2 TEEN FRENCH GIRLS, INSPIRED BY BETACALN, PLANNED ATTACK
01/2016- PARIS POLICE SHOT DEAD AN ATTACKER – UPDATE
Read more :