MUNICH SHOOTING SPREE LEAVES 9 DEADS -UPDATE
A shooting at a Munich shopping centre, on Friday 07/22/2016 evening at about 18:00 local time, which left nine people dead was carried out by a 18 years old dual Iranian/German citizenship gunman (pic-L), who acted alone and then killed himself, German police have said. The body of the suspect was found about 1 km (0.6 miles) from the Olympia shopping centre where the attack took place and where the nine victims were shot dead. in the north-western suburb of Moosach. The attack suspended the public Munich’ transportation system .
The suspect was born in Munich and lived in the center of city with his father, police told a news conference, but his motive is unclear. Sixteen people were injured, three critically, police added.
A huge manhunt was launched following early confusing reports that up to three gunmen had been involved in the attack.
Munich police chief Hubertus Andrae told the news conference, early on Saturday 07/23/2016, that the suspect had not been known to police and there were no known links to terror groups, although investigations were continuing. He also said that children were among the casualties, but gave no further details.
Police urged the public to avoid speculation on social media and to desist from using photos or video of their deployments online.
German security forces have been on alert since a teenage migrant stabbed and injured five people on a train in Bavaria on Monday 07/18/2016, in an attack claimed by so-called Islamic State.
** Police probe fake ad for free food at massacre McDonald’s where the Iranian killed first of his nine victims before turning gun on himself suggesting a sophisticated premeditated attack .
**Hours after the attack the German police raided the shooter’s apartment in the center of Munich, in a mainly Turkish neighborhood,,where he lived with his father, a Munich taxi driver .The suspect, identified as Ali David Sonboly (pic-L), was obsessed with mass shootings and had no known links to the Islamic State group, German police said. Police found in his room newspaper clippings on attacks including an article entitled “Why do students kill?”, police told reporters. Police say the gunman had been in psychiatric care, receiving treatment for depression and was bullied as a youngster .
Video uploaded to social media purportedly shows the attacker shouting “I am German” and “I was born here” after an onlooker shouts xenophobic remarks to him during the attack
Munich police chief Hubertus Andrae told a second news conference on Saturday 07/22/2016 noon, there are no indications the gunman had links with I.S.I.S, identifying the attack as a “classic shooting rampage” and not terrorism and had “absolutely no” link to the issue of refugees.
** An Afghan teenager, 16. was arrested, on Sunday 07/24/2007, in Germany on suspicion that he was connected to the attack in Munich, police said.
The suspect may have known about the plans of Ali David Sonboly but did not tell authorities, officials said. The teen is also suspected of having played a role in a Facebook post that invited the public to a location near where the deadly shooting later took place, Reuters reported.
06/2016 – 4 ARRESTED OVER GERMANY TERROR PLOT
05/2016 – 4 STABBED IN MUNICH “ALLAHU AKBAR” ATTACK
04/2016-GERMAN TEEN TERROR SUSPECT – A DERADICALIZATION CADET
01/2016-GERMAN ARRESTED A SYRIAN REFUGEE TERROR SUSPECT
01/2016 – TERROR SCARE IN MUNICH NEW YEAR’S EVE