SYRIAN REFUGEE COMMITTED SUICIDE ATTACK IN ANSBACH, GERMANY – UPDATE
Hours after the Stuttgart attack and three days after the Munich shooting a failed asylum seeker, 27, from Syria killed himself and injured 12 other people, at about 22:10 local time, after setting off a bomb near an open-air music festival in the German city of Ansbach, about 50 k”m Southwest to Nurnberg .
Bavaria’s interior minister said bomber detonated a backpack device after being refused entry to the festival in the southern city. About 2,500 people were evacuated from the venue after the explosion.
Bavarian Interior Minister Joachim Herrmann said the suicide bomber had entered Germany two years ago and had his asylum claim rejected a year ago and was known to police. He had been given leave to stay temporarily given the situation in his home country and provided with an apartment in Ansbach, Mr Herrmann added.
Mr Herrmann said the man was known to have attempted suicide twice and had spent time in a psychiatric clinic he said.
Ansbach deputy police chief Roman Fertinger said there were “indications” that pieces of metal had been added to the explosive device.
Bavarian Interior Minister Joachim Herrmann said, on Monday 07/25/2016, two phones, multiple SIM cards and a laptop were found with the body of the bomber or at his accommodation. He made a video pledging allegiance to the leader of so-called Islamic State, threatened a “revenge attack” on Germans, he said.
IS has claimed it was behind the attack and the Syrian was an I.S.I.S “soldier”.
** There is evidence to suggest the Syrian suicide bomber had “direct contact” to an accomplice via the internet, Bavaria’s top security official said Wednesday 07/27/2016.
“The attacker evidently had direct contact in an online chat to someone who had significant influence over the terrorist plot,” Bavarian Interior Minister Joachim Hermann said on the sidelines of a meeting of the state government.
** The bomber was, eventually, identified as Mohammad Daleel, 27 (pic-L), a Syrian refugee who arrived to Germany as an asylum seeker. Prior to the so called “Arab Spring”, in early 2011, Mohammad Daleel fought with the Islamic State of Iraq, then affiliated with Al Qaeda . Following the outburst of the Syrian civil war Mohammad Daleel returned to Syria and formed a cell specialising in attacking Syrian government forces with hand grenades and Molotov cocktails with Jabhat al-Nusra. .Mohammad Daleel, also known as Abu Yusuf al-Karrar, pledged allegiance to the Islamic State after the group split from the Jabhat al-Nusra in 2013.
Mohammad Daleel arrived to Europe to receive medical treatment after being injured in Syria but continued to keep hIs ties with I.S.I.S supporting the group’s propaganda activity . Giving his background officers said Daleel was facing deportation to Bulgaria when he blew himself up.
Bavaria’s top security official Joachim Herrmann said according to an initial translation of the Arabic-language farewell video the attacker announced a “revenge” attack against Germany.
Related topics ;
06/2016 – 4 ARRESTED OVER GERMANY TERROR PLOT
05/2016 – 4 STABBED IN MUNICH “ALLAHU AKBAR” ATTACK
04/2016-GERMAN TEEN TERROR SUSPECT – A DERADICALIZATION CADET
01/2016-GERMAN ARRESTED A SYRIAN REFUGEE TERROR SUSPECT
01/2016 – TERROR SCARE IN MUNICH NEW YEAR’S EVE