One of the main reasons for the relapse of most of the Muslim and Arab countries, despite their enormous wealth, especially in oil, is the status of women in Islamic society.
As women are half of humanity they obtain half of its creativity, its skills and abilities. Leaving women behind as second class persons eventually hits back on every society.
* TEEN GIRL FLOGGED IN PAKISTAN – Pakistan’s top judge has called, on Friday 04/03/2009, for a court hearing into the public flogging of a teenage girl, which was captured on video and shown around the world. See – Swat Flogging
* DESERVE TO DIE – The president of Chechnya, Ramzan Kadyrov, emerged from afternoon prayers at the Mosque, on Saturday 02/28/2009, and with chilling composure explained why seven young women who had been shot in the head deserved to die. See – DESERVE TO DIE
* SCHOOLS BLOWN UP BY TALIBAN – Taliban militants have blown up, on Monday 01/19/2009, another five schools in North-West Swat District in Pakistan, after the Taliban issued an edict on 12/25/2008, that private schools must close by 15 January as part of their campaign to ban education for girls. See – Mingora Schools ;
* TALIBAN BAR GIRLS FROM SCHOOLS – On the pattern they followed in Afghanistan, Taliban militants in Pakistan’s restive North-Western Swat District valley have banned girls from attending schools, warning, on Thursday 12/25/2008, that any violators would face death. See – Swat School Girls ;
* RAPE VICTIM STONED IN SOMALIA –A Somali girl who said she had been raped has been stoned to death, on Monday 10/27/2008, in Somalia, after being accused of adultery, a human rights group has said. See – Rape-victim
* MUSLIM GIRLS RIGHTS – Sheik Mohammed Ben Abderahman al-Maghraoui runs a web site in which he issued, in 09/2008, a Fataw (Islamic religious dogma) where he argued that girls as young as 9 could marry because Islam’s Prophet Mohammed had done so. See – MUSLIM GIRLS RIGHTS
* FORCED MARRIAGE – – Bradford City Counci in UKl had lost track of 205 youngsters aged under 16! from its schools rolls in 2007. In following inquiries 172 were tracked down – but 33 were left unaccounted for. See – Forced Marriage ;
* HUMANITARIAN RESPONSIBILITY – Dozens of women were slain in Basra in 2007 and many more in the beginning of 2008 because of how they dressed – their mutilated bodies found with notes warning against “violating Islamic teachings”. See – U.K Responsibility
* Related topics –