I.S.I.S CHAIN OF COMMAND
I.S.I.S chain of command is headed by Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, now (09/2014) calling himself the Caliph Ibrahim .
Under Abu bakr there are two deputies –
Like other ISIS leaders, Fadel Ahmad Abdullah al-Hayali spent time in a US prison in Iraq, specifically Camp Bucca.
* Abu Ali al-Anbari (From Anbar province in Iraq) is the deputy in charged of Syria. He was a major general in the Iraqi military under ousted dictator Saddam Hussein. Al-Anbari is also the head of the Defense, Security and Intelligence Council (Shura).
Al-Anbari and al-Turkmani have a clear hierarchy of men beneath them who make up the “governors” of the “local provinces” of the jihadist’s new country.
Since 12/2014 Abu Ali al-Anbari was partly replaced or put under the supervision of Abu Alaa al-Afri, the right hand of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.
** An I.S.I.S spokesman confirmed the death of the militant group’s second in command in a new audio recording, on Tuesday 10/13/2015, according to AFP. Abu Mutaz al-Qurashi also known as Abu Muslim al-Turkmani was killed by a US airstrike near the Iraqi city of Mosul on08/18/2015 .
* Abual-Taym al-Saudi also known as Abu Sayyaf, the ‘Oil Minister’, was killed by U.S. Special Operations ‘Delta’ forces, on 05/15/2015 night, as they tried to capture and eventually killed him during a daring raid in Dir-a-Zor, Eastern Syria, probably in order to receive more information on how the terror organization operates, communicates and earns money, U.S. government officials said The officials identified Sayyaf’s captured wife as Umm Sayyaf, an Iraqi. She is now being held in Iraq.-
* The Military Council
2. Abu Ayman Abu Muhannad al-Iraqi or Suedawi, born in 1965, the most important official for “I.S.I.S” in Syria, He is a former lieutenant-colonel of the Iraqi Army during the reign of Saddam Hussein, Abu Ayman al-iraqi member of the military council to I.S.I.S today, which, He was the ‘Emir’ of Anbar province, Abu Ayman al-iraqi was captured by coalition forces in 2007 and released in 2010, He took over responsibility for security within the organization, then sent as an advocate for Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi to the city of Deir ez-Zor in Syria 2011-2012.
Abu Ayman al-iraqi was the top military officer in the city of Idlib and the mountainous region of Latakia, and the countryside of Aleppo. He managed, during his stay in Syria, to recruit over 1000 foreign fighters, who formed the foundation of I.S.I.S in Syria (see – Western-Jihadists ).
3. Abu Fatima al-Jaheishi, his real name is Naima Abd Nayef al-Jabouri. He was initially in charge of the I.S.I.S operations in southern Iraq before he moved to the northern city of Kirkuk.
Many of the former top operatives and commanders of I.S.I.S were killed over the recent years and the leadership is under continuous ongoing changes (see – U.S 2014 Strategy ).
4. Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri, born in 1943, the former trusted depute of Saddam Hussein and no’ 2 in the Iraqi hierarchy, who went missing after the USA invasion to Iraq in 03/2003. Izzat Ibrahim al-Douri has been killed, Iraqi media said on 04/17/2015, near the northern town of Hamreen in Irbil province.
* Related topics ;
Read more ;